The Raymondville R-VII School District has a vacant school board position. This person will be appointed to serve until the next school board election. All board applicants should have an interest in the welfare and education opportunities of students, a desire to honestly represent the public and the commitment to be a good steward of taxpayer resources. All persons interested in serving on the Raymondville R-VII School District Board of Education, whether elected or appointed, will meet all legal requirements for candidates in School Board elections, including the following:
1. Be citizens of the United States of America. Mo. Const. art. VII, § 8; § 162.291, RSMo.
2. Be resident taxpayers of the Raymondville R-VII School District. A "taxpayer" is an individual who has paid taxes to the state or any subdivision thereof within the immediately preceding 12-month period, or the spouse of such individual. § 162.291, RSMo.
3. Have resided in Missouri for a minimum of one year immediately preceding their election or appointment. Mo. Const. art. VII, § 8; § 162.291, RSMo.
4. Be at least 24 years of age. § 162.291, RSMo.
5. Not be delinquent in the payment of any state income taxes, personal property taxes, municipal taxes, or real property taxes on their place of residence. If an applicant is a past or present corporate officer of any fee office, that office cannot be delinquent in the payment of any taxes owed to the state. § 115.306, RSMo.
6. Have not been found guilty of nor pled guilty to a felony under the federal laws of the United States of America or to a felony under Missouri law or an offense committed in another state that would be considered a felony in Missouri. § 115.306, RSMo.
7. Not be registered or required to be registered as a sex offender pursuant to § 162.014, RSMo.
8. Have filed, or the treasurer of an existing candidate committee has filed, all required campaign disclosure reports with the Missouri Ethics Commission, when applicable, for all previous elections in which they were candidates. § 130.071, RSMo.
Newly elected or appointed members of the Board officially qualify as Board members when they take the oath of office and sign the oath, as required by law. Please contact Mrs. Buschmann if you are interested in the appointed board seat by 3:30 on July 12th in person at the central office or by phone at 417-457-6237.